Please call to set up your private yoga session(s).
We are currently offering corporate wellness classes for groups of 12 or less by scheduled appointment.
Classes are taught by Shamani Langille, E-RYT (500+) - Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher.
Gift certificates make a perfect gift for those serious about getting well and maintaining good health and it's a gift that they will never forget. Makes a perfect gift for those who are prevention-oriented. Give the gift of a wellness class.
Private Yoga Classes:
Private (1 person): $60.00
Semi-Private (2 people): $30.00 each
Small Group (3 people): $20.00 each
Regular Group (4 people): $15.00 each
Please arrive early for check in or bring forms with you to your first class of the series, please refrain from wearing perfume to class, and please turn off or better yet leave cell phones/ pagers out of the wellness room. Please arrive on time. Thank you.
A calming, therapeutic class that introduces postures, alignment, breathing and relaxing techniques, gradually building flexibility and strength, toning the organ systems, strengthening the immune system and balancing the nervous system, bringing balance, awareness and a sense of well being. Sequences to relieve fatigue and stress, promote well being, and bring healing balance into your life.
Refer a friend who gets a massage or buys a yoga class series, and you will receive a $10.00 off coupon postcard to use for your next massage or yoga class!
YOGA CLASS ETIQUETTE
These basic guidelines are to help enhance your yoga practice and aid in the collective experience of the sacred. Please help keep our space a sanctuary for all by observing the following:
- Absolutely never bring a cell phone or pager into the wellness room of the clinic. This doesn't mean turn off the ringer because sooner or later you will forget. Leave it in your car. If you can't be out of touch for an hour and a half, this is indicative of an imbalance in your life. Remember, 90% of stress is self-induced.
- If possible, bathe prior to your practice. Please do not wear perfume or any scent. You may love your perfume or oil, but there will be people who don't and they may be doing deep breathing two feet away. Also, people with allergies can be very sensitive to them.
- No shoes in the wellness room of the clinic, please. In yoga, people put their hands, and sometimes their face, on the floor. You're going to take your shoes off anyway, so please remove them at the wellness room door.
- Arrive a few minutes early. Entering class constantly late is very disruptive and disrespectful to others, and also to your nervous system. If you do arrive a few minutes late, take a breath, unravel your mat outside, and then enter as slowly and quietly as you can. Consider being prompt as a part of your yoga practice.
- Acquire and use your own yoga mat. Using the public mats is not as hygienic.
- Please never enter or leave the room when the class is in meditation, prayer, or savasana [(deep relaxation) (final relaxation)].
- Enter the wellness room in silence. Please do not enter and start visiting. Go right into meditation or stretching. Yoga practice starts when you walk in.
- Keep your eyes on your own practice. We practice inwardly (inside to outside). When you can finish your practice without knowing what the person next to you was wearing or even whom else was in the room, then you'll know you were truly focused.
- Abandon the competitive mind set. Yoga is absolutely non-competitive. It is not just a "work out." It is not just "cross-training." It is a spiritual practice, which makes the body stronger, more flexible, and generally much healthier. But the aim is to calm the mind, open the heart, and accelerate our spiritual evolution.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is recommended that you do not eat at least three hours before practice. If a serious condition prevents this, eat easily digested foods, i.e., fruit or yogurt, one hour before.
- No food or beverages in the wellness room. If necessary, bottled water is okay, but it is recommended to avoid constant sipping. We aim to generate internal heat; constant sipping cools the body. After practice, drink plenty of pure water, which we offer in our waiting room.
- Be kind and loving to yourself by accepting where you are. Rest sometimes. "Do what you can, with what you have, with where you are." Remember, "Wherever, whenever in our life we begin, yoga is perfect. No experience or flexibility is required." If any medical condition has changed since you completed the Health Intake Form, please mention any pre-existing or special condition to the teacher at the beginning of the class so that you can be helped.